MMFT What’s New
Map My Family Tree™
See Your Ancestors’ Lives on a Map
See What’s New
A free Version 1.4 Update is available to all registered users of Map My Family Tree. If you haven’t already registered your product, click here.
Version 1.4 enhancements include:
- Windows Vista compatibility
- Fixes problem viewing names in the Data List with Vista.
Version 1.3 enhancements include:
- Place markers to highlight certain individuals, family lines, events, etc. Select from a list of place markers of varying shapes and colors or import one or more images to use as custom place markers.
- All version 1.2 enhancements if you haven’t already downloaded the version 1.2 update. See below for a list of the version 1.2 enhancements.
Version 1.2 enhancements include:
- Automatic links to Google™ Maps, Google Earth and TerraServer USA so you can see your ancestral home towns on online maps, satellite images and aerial photographs. As with previous versions, Version 1.2 also includes an automatic link to MapQuest.com.
- Ability to print or publish your map as a PDF document.
- Time scrolling tool bar so you can dynamically select which time period is displayed on the map. As you slide the thumbtrack along the scroll bar, you will see the towns “twinkling” to show the movements, voyages and migrations of your ancestors.
- Filters to display specific people and events from your genealogy database. You can filter by name, ancestor line, descendant line, date, event type and gender. This is especially helpful when you want to create maps with single family lines, births only, events from a specific time period, etc.
To download your Free Version 1.3 Update
- Open the Map My Family Tree program
- Click on “Help” in the Top Menu Bar
- Select “Check for Updates”
- A dialogue box will appear – click on “Check for Updates”
- Follow the instructions on the screen.