Enter Title

The Support Forum has been replaced with our Help Desk system. Please send us your questions on the "Contact Us" page.

Forum

ForumForumAll ForumsAll ForumsGenelinesGenelinesGeneline for a church historyGeneline for a church history
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 1/13/2013 4:47 PM

I am working on a church history, 175 years, and would like to create a timeline of history for the church. This would include the ministers, when they began the ministery and ended it. I have all of the ministers in Legacy. Can I do this? Do I have to make the church and individual in legacy and associate the ministers with it? Or make a new timeline with the ministers information. We would also like to make a historical timeline for events in history for the period. 1837 to present. Any suggestions.
New Post
 1/15/2013 11:43 AM

Modified By loretta  on 1/15/2013 9:48:07 AM
There are three possible ways that we could think of doing this:

1. You could enter the ministers as children of the church. Then when you display the pedigree in Genelines, their bars will appear on a time line.

2. If you already have the ministers entered in your file but not related in any way to each other or the church, then you can:
a) select one (either a minister or the church) and create a Pedigree chart.
b) right click on the chart and select Add Life Bars...
c) add each minister by adding life bars.

3. If you would rather the ministers appear as History, you can add them to a new history file and import this new file into Genelines. Then you can select the Church to create your Pedigree chart and include History.

The great thing about Genelines is that anyone can add or remove any historical event they wish within the program. It was designed to be adapted to the needs of the genealogist using it.

We also offer a small utility program called History File Maker to create or manage history files (.hst) that can be used by Genelines if you are interested. It is by far easier to enter the information into History File Maker and then Import, than it is to enter it directly into Genelines.

http://www.findyourfamilytree.com/exe...

I hope this helps.
Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumAll ForumsAll ForumsGenelinesGenelinesGeneline for a church historyGeneline for a church history