Enter Title

The Support Forum has been replaced with our Help Desk system. Please send us your questions on the "Contact Us" page.

Also, check out our new FAQ.

Forum

ForumForumAll ForumsAll ForumsGenelinesGenelinesdata inputdata input
Previous Previous

Next
 Disabled
New Post
 4/3/2013 11:16 PM

It appears that the acceptable input to GENELINES is either direct from various charting programs or from a gedcom file. I use both Genbox and FamilyHistorian. However I am not so much interested in timelines for existing family lines. I want to use time lines for researching potential groups of people who may or may not be eventually included in the records. They, as a rule, have not been determined to be applicable. I do not want to include them in the files until proven. They would have no known connection to this point, and I do not want to add clutter to the main data files. Is there any way to build a timeline of these types of potentials from another manner of input?
New Post
 4/4/2013 10:47 AM

No, Genelines needs to read the names from an existing family file. The only suggestion I would have is to start a new "family" file within Genbox or FamilyHistorian containing only these groups.
New Post
 4/5/2013 8:28 AM

I suppose that might be workable. However, often the individuals I am working with are not apparently connected and therefore not exactly a definable group as yet. That is what I am trying to work out and a timeline would help determine that.
New Post
 4/5/2013 10:20 AM

If you do a search for time line programs you may be able to find something useful to you. There are a few out there that are free.
New Post
 4/5/2013 12:05 PM

I have done searches on a regular basis, just in case something pops up or I happen to vary the search enough. I have not found one suitable as yet, although I am interested in "the genealogy timeline." It is an older product but I have been unable to find much opinion about it.
I had hoped that the Genelines product would be flexible enough to do the job, as it is a current product.
Previous Previous

Next
 Disabled
ForumForumAll ForumsAll ForumsGenelinesGenelinesdata inputdata input