Enter Title

The Support Forum has been replaced with our Help Desk system. Please send us your questions on the "Contact Us" page.

Also, check out our new FAQ.

Forum

ForumForumAll ForumsAll ForumsCharting Compan...Charting Compan...Need to show half siblings in the chartNeed to show half siblings in the chart
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 12/31/2013 5:44 PM

Is there a way to include half siblings? Some (well ok many) in the family aren't all that bright. They can't even figure out the distinction between half and step siblings. I need to include half siblings on the Ancestor chart. Is there a way to do that?
New Post
 1/2/2014 8:21 AM

Charting Companion is not currently recognizing half or step siblings. I will pass this on to see if something can be done.

We are sorry for the inconvenience that this causes you.
New Post
 1/6/2014 7:47 AM

Pierre has said you have made a good point. If he includes the half-sibling, he would also need to include his parents (otherwise it will look like he has the same parents as the subject).

We're not sure how that would work with an Ancestor chart. He would need to design an ancestor chart with three people as parents. I'm not sure what that would look like.

Have you looked at the Descendant or Hourglass charts? They would show everyone in the family.
Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumAll ForumsAll ForumsCharting Compan...Charting Compan...Need to show half siblings in the chartNeed to show half siblings in the chart